Sunday, January 18, 2009

Death Valley

Ok so my mom has been bugging me and bugging me about blogging because I guess I'm like a better blogger or something so I'm finally blogging.
This Christmas break, we took the RV to Death Valley, California. Tons of people have said "What's down there?" Well there's dirt, rock, and salt. Just kidding it really is pretty. We took some hikes (I though they were hikes but my mom called them strolls...) and saw all of it. We also went to the lowest point on this side of the world. (The reason there is a picture of a mountain is because there is a little 'Sea Level' sign way up there.)
We also celebrated New Year's there. Look at our tiny party. It was just me and mom because Zach was mad about something and dad was tired. So me and mom had a little party on the little table in the RV. Ahh memories :) We only made it until about 11 because the battery was drained because of all the movie watching. But it was midnight in Utah so it worked.
In Death Valley, they have this huge house called Scottie's Castle. I would write about the history and everything but I don't really feel like it. Just google it if you're that interested. The house was way cool and so pretty. It was way fun to walk through. (Sorry, no flash is allowed in the castle so we don't have that many pictures of the inside.)

Overall it was a good trip and lots of memories were made. :D

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had a great time!

We stayed home and we were boring....