March was Spring Break. Dave and Zach wanted to fish so we went to Paiute Reservoir in central Utah. How many fish did they catch? ZERO! But Dave would say the fun is in the fishing not the catching. He really like his new raft as well.
July was our stake Girls' Camp. I was on the stake committee so I was there with Hannah. I am the luckiest mom in the world. The camp was at Brighton Meadows, stake property up Parley's Canyon. The theme was B.U.G.S. "Becoming United in God's Service." Our ward, Cameo Park, was the value knowledge - green - grasshoppers.


Also in July was our office trip on an Alaskan cruise. We were on the Star Princess. We stopped in Juneau where Hannah and I did a sled dog summer camp excursion and Zach and Dave a Deadliest Catch fishing boat tour. In Ketchikan, Hannah and I took a trolley tour of the city while Dave and Zach took a float plane ride. In Skagway we all took the Yukon train ride. It was a beautiful ride. We also cruised Tracy Arm Fjord. It was absolutely beautiful. Really cold, too.
Then in August we took our summer family trip to South Dakota. We saw Mt. Rushmore (which I think every American needs to see in their lifetime.) We also saw Crazy Horse and Custer State Park. (That summer was definitely not the ideal time to have an RV; with gas more that $4 a gallon :) )
Then we jump to UEA in October. We went to Zions National Park with Dave's brother Jared and his family. We took some hikes and saw the beauty of it.
November came and went all too quickly. Nothing huge happened that month besides Thanksgiving, which was at our house this year with all the Powell's. It was fun to have the family over.
Some other stuff happened in 2008 that we forgot to take pictures of. Emma Scruggs (my niece that lives in Australia because her dad is a mission president) came to visit for about 3 weeks. It was so much fun to have her over again. Hannah and Emma are very close and they were happy to hang out together again after a year. Dave also took an ortho course this year. He took classes in Las Vegas throughout the year. Hannah turned 13 and moved into the 8th grade. Zach turned 11 and now is in Mrs. Deem's 5th grade class. Dave and I turned 38. (Yes, I'm not ashamed to say my age...) It has been a wonderful year and we're excited for the start of 2009.
2 comments:
Great update. We have our "Christams Letter" posted this year on our blog instead of mailing it out. Hope you guys have a great holiday. We need to get together again....
Love you!
Love the pics. And it's good to hear the about the year.
Bartley
Post a Comment