Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer of 2010

School starts in a few days. We've had a great summer. Here are some highlights:

We took a 10 day RV trip to the Oregon Coast. We rented a 4 person RAZR and drove around the Oregon Dunes. The kids say I drive faster than Dave.



We spent a day at Crater Lake National Park. This was a place I vacationed to as a teenager with my family and loved it. The water is an amazing color of blue. They offer a boat ride around the lake which wasn't offered when I was a kid. It was very interesting.








I love lighthouses. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because of a church song that I liked as a teenager called "Like a Lighthouse" By Michael Webb that compared the Savior to a lighthouse. I especially love to go inside the lighthouse which we were able to do in both that we visited. We saw the Umpqua River Lighthouse and the Heceta Head Lighthouse.











The Oregon coast is beautiful. I could live there. I like the cool temperatures and non-sandy beaches.










While in Portland we visited some friends, the Ririe's. Dave went to dental school with Don. They live on a farm in Oregon City. Dave and I took a walk around their neightborhood and their home is surrounded by Christmas tree farms. Very cool.





We celebrated Zach's 13th birthday on this trip. You can never have too many basketballs or so Zach says. Happy Birthday Z-man! So glad you're a part of this family. It wasn't complete until you came along. Love you tons!




We took a major detour from our destination of Crater Lake. We took a day and drove to Seattle to visit the Museum of Flight. Hmmmmm, I wonder who wanted to visit that?





No comments: