Thursday, August 12, 2010

The last week of July was girls camp. I love being able to go because I get to be with Hannah. The entire summer had been so dry but we were at camp during the wettest week of the summer. It stormed 2 of the nights we were there and then Thursday was a strong storm in the middle of the afternoon. I don't like thunderstorms but I had to be brave.






This picture was taken during the Thursday afternoon storm. I thought this was a great picture because you can see the rain drops.



This picture really doesn't do the storm justice but I included it anyway.



This was Hannah's 4th year at camp so she participated in the 4th year hike to Island Lake in the Uintahs. The girls backpacked in and then spent 2 nights at the lake. They made swimming suits out of garbage bags. They're cute and modest!



It got pretty cold at night in the Uintahs.

Hannah and Sarah were proud of the tent they put up on their own. Theirs was the only tent that didn't leak - yes it stormed on them, too. Hannah is much braver than I am.




2 comments:

No Ordinary Mind said...

Ah, Hannah! You girl's camp looks like so much fun! That's awesome that you and your mom can go together.

Rhonda said...

Amy, Hannah is gorgeous!! I'm a little sad that we never had her and Marcella get together. I'm sure they would be good friends. I miss you!