Well, here we are in the Ft. Lauderdale airport. We had an adventure getting there. We left Salt Lake to catch a connecting flight in Atlanta. We had only 45 minutes and the plane from Salt Lake left 30 minutes late. We made it on to our connecting flight but our luggage did not. In this picture it's about 11:30 p.m. and we are waiting for the flight that is to arrive at midnight with our luggage. Zach, of course, didn't mind spending more time in the airport.

Here we are on the Oasis of the Seas. We haven't even left port and it's time for ice cream!

This ship had a ferris wheel.


This was my favorite stop of the cruise. In this picture it's sunrise over Labadee, Haiti. I really looked forward to this stop because my older brother, Ron served his mission in Haiti. I know that Royal Caribbean's private area is very different from life in Port-au-Prince but I was excited to see it. It was so green and jungle-like and mountainous. I didn't realize Haiti was so mountainous. Ron told me that is what "Haiti'' means. I spent the whole day thinking of my brother and the 2 years he spent here and the Haitian people he learned to love.

The beach area was beautiful! We had perfect weather for playing in the water. It was hot and humid! Again I thought of my brother and the days he spent tracting in this weather. How did you survive?

Haitian Marketplace.
1 comment:
you are right Ron would have loved that.
Post a Comment